introductory post – Hi Everyone!

This is Mahi. I am an international student and my major is computer science. This is my first time taking a course from Educational Curriculum and Instruction. Lately, I felt the need to educate myself about fundamental issues of learning online , so I took this course to know more about Social Media & Personalized Learning. I think there is a huge need for modern educational content and learning experiences for online and remote learning so everyone can continue to study and succeed in a safe environment.When I first started my studies at UVic as an international student, the language was a burden for me. I wanted to keep up with other native students, but who was I kidding! I was so hard on myself, but the truth is that the gap is always there and I should have accepted it . Learning a new language is a process that never truly ends, no matter how your life may change. After first semester, I accomplished so much linguistically and it gave me motivation to continue learning! I am so excited to start this course with all of you and learn together!